The IYLC Facilitators to a large extent serve as the face of the Conference throughout the Conference week, each acting to guide their own group of IYLC participants through Simulation activities and all other events in the course of the Conference week.
Facilitators are mainly, but not limited to, advanced students and graduates of the social sciences, and all share a glowing passion for current international affairs.
Recruited from the vast network of IYLC Alumni, facilitators have been recognized and chosen for their ability to communicate with passion, devotion and responsibility and their likeliness of becoming a dependable representative capable of inspiring a group of peers to participate, learn and work as a team.
As an IYLC facilitator you must:
- Confirm your availability and make all the necessary visa and travel arrangements upon receiving your notification
- Provide Civic Concepts International with any requested information and personal details in a timely manner
- Acquaint yourself with the Conference programme and agenda and gain knowledge of the simulation topics by reading all the materials provided by the IYLC Conference Director
- Read through and understand the Conference Guidebook before attending the Facilitator Training
- Attend a 2-day Facilitator Training
- Work diligently and comply with all instructions given by Civic Concepts International team before and during the Conference
- Adhere to the Conference Schedule and attend all the events in the framework of the conference
- Exercise discretion in all matters pertaining to or affecting the image of Civic Concepts International and/or the International Youth Leadership Conference
As an IYLC facilitator you are expected to:
- Be a conscious and courteous representative of Civic Concepts International to the best of your abilities
- Understand and embody the purpose of the Conference and share your experiences as an IYLC participant
- Exercise an enthusiastic and professional attitude towards the Conference
- Focus on your group and attend to all of its needs, ensure smooth group dynamics
- Network and make contact with other participants
- Be proactive and find plausible solutions to arising problems, as well as communicate any concern or potential hitches to the CCI team
- Gain insights and feedback and communicate them to CCI team
- Provide CCI with a final report, incl. your observations and suggestions